Are you living how you want? Is your life the life that you want? That’s a giant and potentially terrifying question and maybe the most important question you can ask yourself.
In order to live how you want, you need to ask yourself how you want to live.
So let’s do that.
It’s too big a question to ask and answer all at once, so let’s take small bites. Whenever I’m working on a big question, I break it down into these six categories (feel free to add or subtract as you see fit);
- Personal Development
For each area, ask yourself these questions;
- What would an ideal life look like?
- What would a perfect day look like?
- How would you spend your time?
- If you could repeat that day over and over, would you do it?
Now, answer these questions;
- What’s standing in your way to that life?
- What’s stopping you?
- What can you start doing right now to start moving in the direction of that life?
- What help do you need?
- Who can help you get there?
- What resources or new skills will you need?
Put a plan in place to make this life happen for yourself and your loved ones. Keep that perfect day top of mind, but focus on the things you can be doing today.
Life’s too short and too long not to be working towards living the life you truly want to live.
You can do this.