What would you do if you knew it would work? If you knew you couldn’t fail? Would you start a new diet or workout program? Make some investment decisions? Ask someone out on a date? Run for office or ask for a promotion? What would you do if you were certain?
As humans, we crave understanding. We like patterns and predictability. We desire certainty, something we’ve had very little of over the past year.
But here we are. Covid cases are on the decline and states are starting to open back up with hope for the future. Removing opinion and politics from what’s going on, it appears we may be moving forward from this difficult time and, if we are, it’s time to act accordingly.
So, back to my initial question: What would you do if you knew it would work?
Consider these questions:
- What problems or suboptimal situations are you currently dealing with?
- What could your life be like if that problem got solved or the situation got better?
- Is that vision of the future appealing enough for you to do something about it?
- If yes, what could you do?
- If that sounds doable, what will you do?
When your actions start showing results, you’ll reinforce your beliefs about your ability to effectively make change and begin to view yourself as successful, whatever your definition of success may be.
If this post resonated with you, go write down the situation you’re struggling with. Think about what life would be like if you took action, and then commit to an action to make it real. You can do it.